HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
IE Chatbox

[ Copy this | Start New | Full Size ]
Let's see how long this lasts.
Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke
Hey all!

Been a while since I bothered posting here, since there was absolutely nothing I could do to revive the game from the state in which it was left. That has since changed, and I now have access to the means to better the game, and bring it to the state in which it was originally meant to be played.

I do hope regulars and newbies alike welcome the changes I plan to bring, and continue to …

Comments: 0
Ikou Era Apology
Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:59 am by AllSmiles
Hello, faithful Ikou Era players. I am sorry for being so inactive to the production of Ikou Era, me slowing down with updates had affected all of us. I doubt, I can make it up for your patience and your unbreakable loyalty to someone that had been made by my brain. Ikou Era is my first original project and it is one of the most proudest work I had done, this project was the result of my …

Comments: 0
Latest topics
» Let's see how long this lasts.
Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:29 am by Misuke

» Hosting of Ikou
Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:27 am by Misuke

» Places, Housing, Combat, etc.
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:07 am by slash124cool

» What the phock
Fri May 03, 2013 7:22 am by arato

» Suggestions
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:56 am by Anonymous Samurai

» The Shogun of Edo
Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:36 am by Anonymous Samurai


Share | 
 

 A couple of issues of mine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 am

I'm sorry if this is portrayed as just complaining about the game or people in general, I love this game and the community, it's just these issues that have lead me to this point that I've had to create such a thread.

My first problem is with a member of the staff. Now, this isn't meant to be hateful or anything, but.
Kayen truly doesn't deserve his position. He distributes RPB where as he himself isn't that great of a roleplayer, so how is he possibly able to determine the level of roleplay that has happened if he's not that great himself?
There was a limit on stats and yen to distribute which was 25 - 100 yen and 5 - 15 SPs, yet I have seen him hand out increments of 800 yen and 300 SPs for no apparent reason.
Other than Kayen, the rest are decent.

What happened to Thanatos and Misuke who, didn't give out SPs often, actually had a good sense of what to distribute?


My next issue is with the training method. Alright, there's the infamous RPBs, they're fine (Except in the case of Kayen). Sparring (This is less of an issue now because of..) and last, dummy training!
Now, I'm not sure why, but.. Why are people randomly being given out ridiculous amounts of money to be able to afford hundreds of not at least a thousand SP?
This upsets the game balance in so many ways.

Next is leader positions.. They're being taken far too lightly. They should be entirely based upon roleplay because as soon as they're allocated to the position, they're granted a huge amount of money and can just dummy whore their way up.

Alright, that's my little rant for now. If I remember anything else I'll update this, definitely.
I also don't want to sound like a total complainer, so I want to say thanks to Smiles and the rest of the staff team who've spent countless hours working on this game for our benefit.

Thanks.


Last edited by Flash on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AllSmiles
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 25
Location : Canada

IC Profile
IC Name: [DEV] AllSmiles

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:12 am

I understand where your coming from. But I think that a mod's doesn't need to have the same RP level to rate rps. It's like a critic rating a movie, yet they don't have the skills to make one their own. I have set limits on RPBS I check the admin log countless of times and question the about the high numbered RPBs. AS for ranks, They are suppose to give their villagers money in any form. Jobs, events etc . If they do not. It becomes an IC problem. Just like in real life, if you have a corrupt government what do you do?? Pray to God to make it better? (Refering OOC as a pray and IC as real life) No you go against the corrupt government. And I been talking to Mia about her behavior, I don't really like to use the Ban button and I can see why she is using it alot. You guys always test our patience and not everyone has the patience of a saint, I hope I can say this off the record, but about you guys stop complaining about how the admins act, about how you guys act. This is how I completely feel about the topic, because I been insulted for developing a game, spending countless hours on it and I get bagged over because someone doesn't get their way. I think I'm speaking for most game developers, I'm not saying that you are doing this but you need to realize the stress and work you have to do to admin a game. Look at Thantos and Misuke, Thantos quit because you guys asked for too much, and Misuke doesn't want to be involved with the wipe because of the players and how they acted towards him. To me it's not the admin's at fault it's at the players. I think you guys don't see the hard work we developers/admins/mods really do.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:44 am

I'm glad you've voiced your own personal opinion on the matter. Lately when I've tried to engage you in conversation it just felt like I was being ignored so I'm hoping you were just busy at that time.

I wasn't aware Thanatos has quit because of the players and I can honestly see why Misuke doesn't want to be involved, either. Even as a Monk Leader, a position of such a high level where their ideals spread throughout the land I get talked down upon in IC and people attempt to kick things at me, etc.
I think new rules should be introduced and enforced on a whole new level.

I disagree with it being entirely the players fault, however. I'm well aware of how much time and effort the staff put into their games and this one in particular and I'm extremely grateful, so are most of the players, whether they say or show it or not.
I believe if newer and more elaborate rules were brought in and enforced, the general population will begin to understand and take it more seriously to not be such straight out jerks in-game and to you as a person.

That being said, back to Kayen..
With Kayen, can you give me a reason as to why he was picked as a mod over more suitable people? He doesn't have the emotional level or maturity to be a moderator and truly, having a biased opinion on how much RPB to distribute isn't fair to everyone. He's given his friends who don't deserve much a whole bunch more than others that do deserve it.


Last edited by Flash on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Yukay
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:00 am

Woah woah woah? I'm friends with no one on CIE -_- I rp the same way I rp wiht others.. I gave you 300 SP because you were bitching and moaning about leader roles not getting enough RP, and how random people are getting higher amount rewards. . And because you wrote the story outline for the entire wipe, so stop whining about me not having the emotional maturity chicken crap, if I didn't I would be holding this title as it is now. .
Back to top Go down
CloudEnvy
Wanderer
Wanderer
avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 24
Location : Oklahoma

IC Profile
IC Name: Azumei, Aster

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Yukay wrote:
Woah woah woah? I'm friends with no one on CIE -_- I rp the same way I rp wiht others.. I gave you 300 SP because you were bitching and moaning about leader roles not getting enough RP, and how random people are getting higher amount rewards. . And because you wrote the story outline for the entire wipe, so stop whining about me not having the emotional maturity chicken crap, if I didn't I would be holding this title as it is now. .

Well now, time to show what Cloud Envy is about.

I think that right there shows multiple ways of how immature you are honestly.

All smiles, I have enjoyed this game for the most part and I really do appreciate the hard work you and the staff have put in, but I think the rules could use a little touching up and maybe if possible actually monitor game play a little.

I walked into a dojo to have a look around and maybe learn some swordsmanship before I left Yokohama and I was asked several times to spar and some people kept acting like they knew me ICly. I think maybe people should get warnings or something if they continually spar whore. I know monitoring maybe hard, but maybe even add certs in and have stat caps so that people can't whore their way to the top. Like maybe if someone RPs well enough then they could get a cert and progress in stats, because honestly I think on a RP game only people who can RP at a decent level deserve to have the stats to carry on.

I know that the whole staff is pressured and hassled. I have been staff on a forum or two and on a few games myself and I know what it's like to be bothered every second that you barely enjoy the game. I still found enough time to play and be nice to the players. Maybe evaluate a few people and try to have active higher ups with real patience and understanding monitoring the staff and game?

I'm aware the players are really annoying and that they do drive a lot of the staff nuts with the constant pressuring and pestering but it isn't one hundred percent the players' faults. I know you guys don't really know me and I may seem like a noob to you guys, but those are my opinions and like everyone else, I remain part of this community and will be waiting to see what you guys do because so far I enjoy being a swordsman and am glad this game at least exists.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Yukay wrote:
Woah woah woah? I'm friends with no one on CIE -_- I rp the same way I rp wiht others.. I gave you 300 SP because you were bitching and moaning about leader roles not getting enough RP, and how random people are getting higher amount rewards. . And because you wrote the story outline for the entire wipe, so stop whining about me not having the emotional maturity chicken crap, if I didn't I would be holding this title as it is now. .
Oh god, no.
That wasn't what it was about at all and you still can't even comprehend this, even after I explained it in-game several times.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Guardsman
Guardsman
avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 21
Location : Texas

IC Profile
IC Name: Phoe Baraoh

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:44 am

AllSmiles wrote:
I'm not saying that you are doing this but you need to realize the stress and work you have to do to admin a game. I think you guys don't see the hard work we developers/admins/mods really do.

Totally right. I've made a ton of games (not Byond, I don't like the engine xD) and have adminned countless times on Byond and other games. (I was even admin on 4story until I quit.). To be honest, players ask WAY too much of admins and devs. They all want to be spoonfed RP, and if you dont, they all leave for a game that does.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:03 pm

Phoenix wrote:
AllSmiles wrote:
I'm not saying that you are doing this but you need to realize the stress and work you have to do to admin a game. I think you guys don't see the hard work we developers/admins/mods really do.

Totally right. I've made a ton of games (not Byond, I don't like the engine xD) and have adminned countless times on Byond and other games. (I was even admin on 4story until I quit.). To be honest, players ask WAY too much of admins and devs. They all want to be spoonfed RP, and if you dont, they all leave for a game that does.

This can usually be solved by elaborate rules that are enforced.


My issue now is centred along Kayen.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:22 pm

SMILES
Why can't you see this guy Kayen does not deserve his mod and flame baits people to get them to say one thing against him and than he just mutes?

This is beyond fucking ridiculous now and I am one step away from quitting this beautiful game because of this one idiot who can do whatever the heck he wants and hides behind his verbs when you say anything against him because you apparently "break rule 1" if you say literally anything to him.

This is stupid and I'm severely disappointed in the choice to upgrade him to a moderator.
How can one moderate a roleplay game when they can barely roleplay themselves?
The rest of the admins/mods are up to par.. yet he's totally crap.


Last edited by Flash on Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CloudEnvy
Wanderer
Wanderer
avatar

Posts : 108
Join date : 2010-07-03
Age : 24
Location : Oklahoma

IC Profile
IC Name: Azumei, Aster

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:23 pm

Flash wrote:
SMILES
Why the fuck can't you see this piece of shit Kayen does not deserve his mod and abuses it constantly?

This is beyond fucking ridiculous now and I am one step away from quitting this beautiful game because of this one fuck head who can do whatever the fuck he wants and hide behind his verbs when you say anything against him because you apparently "break rule 1" if you say literally anything to him.

This is fucked and I'm severely disappointed and mildly upset by what's gone on today. He's a total fuckwit.

Explain please?
Back to top Go down
Yukay
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:26 pm

You're only complaining cause now you cant get what you want . .You disrespected me numerous times.. and you have no reason to. . You're only reason for raging is because That whole traitor shit at the beginning. . Thus you have a grudge and do not know how to drop it. . Now your jealous . .and you're gonna try everything in your little raging power to get me stripped. . Secah does have logs .. All I need for proof.
Back to top Go down
Phoenix
Guardsman
Guardsman
avatar

Posts : 301
Join date : 2010-04-10
Age : 21
Location : Texas

IC Profile
IC Name: Phoe Baraoh

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:56 pm

Both of you shut up, you're annoying me. Just play the game.
Back to top Go down
AllSmiles
Admin
Admin
avatar

Posts : 144
Join date : 2010-03-31
Age : 25
Location : Canada

IC Profile
IC Name: [DEV] AllSmiles

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:58 am

Kayen has been doing his job right.. He RPB reg. and I told him about the limit. So everything is good. I don't know he can flame bait? Why would he flame bait. There is no reason to do so.
Back to top Go down
Flash
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 53
Join date : 2010-07-11
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:02 pm

AllSmiles wrote:
Kayen has been doing his job right.. He RPB reg. and I told him about the limit. So everything is good. I don't know he can flame bait? Why would he flame bait. There is no reason to do so.
There is a reason for him to do so.. So he can mute people unjustly, which is what happened to me yesterday.
He kept on going about things in the past which I had completely forgotten about and then renamed me without giving me a chance to figure out a new name because no other admin/mod had a problem with it after I explained it. He automatically changed it which lead me to get aggressive, unintentionally, because of his rudeness by him saying he doesn't care about my nor other peoples opinions he just does whatever he wants. His responses are always "read the rules" or "kay" when he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing.

By your standards of "doing his job", anyone could do that. I'm glad he'll be losing his mod title soon when the update comes.
Back to top Go down
-Moo-
Citizen
Citizen
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2010-07-30

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:25 am

|Yukay Karyuu|Leilong, Kayen"Blood Samurai": Freedom of speech doesnt apply on all games
|Yukay Karyuu|Leilong, Kayen"Blood Samurai": Just saying..

Nuff Said
Back to top Go down
Yukay
Newbie
Newbie


Posts : 21
Join date : 2010-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:31 am

Doesn't mean I was talking about Champloo -_- Allsmiles already said it does on her game..


But you insulting me .. Not tolerated .. Rules states so. So you guys should stop moaping because we finally have a serious mod who doesnt take jokes and is serious about being a mod -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A couple of issues of mine.   

Back to top Go down
 
A couple of issues of mine.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Mustang couple
» Org. XIV (Issues)
» Ulzzang couple
» Korean animation couple
» Kill Me, and Be Cursed. You Are No King of Mine [A-Rank Exam]

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ikou Era :: Discussion :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: